Dust, and fumes, and toxins, oh my! The industrial workplace can be full of dangers, from welding fumes to stone dust. Although industrial filtration systems can help keep the air clean, sometimes they’re just not enough to get the job done.
When you need some extra air-cleaning assistance, why not consider an Avani Environmental Intl. fume eating machine? These portable fume collectors are designed to provide extraction filtration for a wide variety of applications, including welding/grinding fumes, powders, stone dust, dry dust and basically any operation that creates dust or fumes within a concentrated area. Here’s how they work:
- Fumes/fine particles are drawn into the system through a fume extraction arm.
- A gas-humidification process occurs where the fine particles are massed together to increase their overall bulk, which makes collection easier.
- The “bulks” of fine particles come in contact with a liquid or gas where the particles are either encapsulated into liquid droplets or adhere to liquid droplets.
- The clusters of particles and liquid settle into a collector where they can then be removed.
This system of fume collection is very effective, especially in concentrated areas where extra air-cleaning is needed, such as welding stations or stone grinding areas. In fact, OSHA typically requires that you use a mist collection system in Indiana if your industry requires the use of a welder or stone grinder. Both of these activities can be highly dangerous to the operator if proper air-cleaning precautions are not taken. Below are just a few potential hazards that may occur if a fume eating machine is not being used:
- Metal dust particles can be an eye irritant and cause eye injuries.
- Manganese, a primary metal in welding wire, can cause exhaustion, weakness and headaches.
- Hexavalent, also known as hex chrome, is a substance produced during welding and other types of steelwork that can result in upper respiratory damage and eye and skin irritation. Long-term exposure to hex chrome can cause lung cancer and other major health concerns.
- Zinc oxide, another substance produced during welding, can cause “metal fume fever,” a short-term illness in which severe flu-like symptoms occur.
Using a mist collection system in Indiana for your industrial business, especially if welding is part of your operations, is a must. These fume eating machines are specifically designed to help capture and remove the substances that can cause injuries and health problems.
At ACR, Inc., we strive to provide our customers with the very best in air filtration systems. That’s why we carry the Avani Environmental Intl. fume eating machine. We know that this is a tried and true brand guaranteed to provide your employees with a clean and healthy work environment and give you peace of mind. If you are looking for a mist collection system in Indiana for your industrial operations, give us a call. We’d be happy to tell you more about our products and get you set up with the perfect fume eating machine for your business.
Categorised in: Mist Collection System
This post was written by Writer